|Station||Format||Owner||Aug 19||Sep 19||Oct 19||Nov 19||Dec 19||Hol 19|
|XHRM-FM||Rhythmic AC||Local Media||4.5||5.5||5.4||5.4||5.2||4.5|
|XHTZ-FM||Top 40/M||Local Media||4.3||3.9||4.0||4.1||3.3||3.3|
|KLQV-FM||Spanish Adult Hits||Univision||2.5||3.5||3.1||3.2||2.4||2.6|
|XHTY-FM||Regional Mexican||Uni Radio||1.7||2.5||2.1||2.5||3.2||2.4|
|KFMB-FM||Adult Hits||Local Media||2.9||2.5||2.3||2.6||2.3||2.1|
|XHFG-FM||Spanish Cont||Uni Radio||0.8||0.8||0.6||0.9||1.0||0.7|
|XHA-FM||Regional Mexican||Uni Radio||0.2||0.2||0.2||0.2||0.1||0.2|
|KHTS-FM HD2||Top 40/M||iHeartMedia||0.1||—||—||—||—||0.1|
|KYXY-FM HD2||Top 40/M||Entercom||—||—||—||—||—||0.1|
|XEMO-AM||Regional Mexican||Uni Radio||0.1||0.1||0.1||0.1||0.1||0.1|
|XRCN-AM||Spanish Talk||Uni Radio||0.1||—||—||—||—||0.1|
|XTRA-FM Stream||Alternative||Local Media||—||—||—||—||0.1||0.1|
Unfortunately the radio cuts have continued, this time across the street from iHeart- Entercom reduced their staff today by cutting two morning shows.
Sunny 98.1 (KXSN) “AJ & Sara in the Morning” are out and down the hall, ALT 94.9 (KBZT) Dana & Jayson are out.
If you’d like me to publish your resume, simply remove anything you don’t wish to be public and send to me via email SanDiegoRadioJoe@gmail.com Please send it so I can cut & paste it. PDF will not work.
Thank you for tuning in
Come and join the fun at Local Media San Diego! We are hiring a seasoned creative professional with a background in graphic design, photography and video editing. Our digital media team supports three local radio stations (91X, Magic 92.5 and Z90), a digital advertising agency (Local Media Digital Labs), an event company (Local Media Events), and a brand new video production company (Cut Thru Creative). If you’re interested in broadcast media and are up to the challenge of working in a fast-paced and evolving company, LMSD could have the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
- Create and design graphics for radio station websites, client ads, event signage/posters and social media.
- Photograph select concerts and events.
- Film and edit video for various client ad campaigns, radio station promotions and events.
- Ensure projects are completed with high quality and on schedule.
- Work with department managers and collaborate with team members to establish creative direction for projects.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Work with a wide range of media and use graphic design software.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, digital media, or related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in graphic design.
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS preferred.
- Knowledge of Adobe PhotoShop, Illustrator, FinalCut Pro.
- Compelling portfolio of work over a wide range of creative projects that showcases competencies/experience.
Must submit link to online portfolio of work prior to being considered for an interview.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to email@example.com – Please specify that you are applying for the position in the subject line. Local Media San Diego, LLC owns and operates Radio Stations in San Diego, CA. We offer a competitive benefits package and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls, please.
We all know about the devastating cuts made Tuesday by iHeart radio. Thousands released from the media giant.
Local casualties will be published here on SDMediaSource.
Tuesday: Dave ‘Bromo’ Abromowitz – KGB
Wednesday: Chris Merrill – KOGO
Coe Lewis – KGB
Jim McInnes – KGB
Nina “Ruth 66” – KGB
Rob Scorpio – Regional Senior VP of Programming
Qui West – Jam’n 95.7
Steve Kramer – Channel 933
Please remember, I publish job opportunities when sent to me, I did post a couple recently.
Radio Broadcast Engineer
Also, if you’d like me to publish your resume, simply remove anything you don’t wish to be public and send to me via email SanDiegoRadioJoe@gmail.com Please send it so I can cut & paste it. PDF will not work.
Thank you for tuning in
Radio Broadcast Engineer
Local Media San Diego A is looking for a Full Time Engineer that will be responsible for maintaining and repairing all broadcast equipment including studio and transmitter equipment. This is a huge opportunity to work at a locally owned company with a very dynamic team.
· Ensure radio stations are complying with all FCC rules and regulations.
· Install and maintain broadcast equipment at transmitter sites and studios.
· Maintain and troubleshoot links to transmitter sites.
· Maintain all studio equipment and audio streaming.
· Develop plans to integrate new technology for transmitter facilities, remote broadcasts and in house studios.
· Provide technical support to employees.
· Perform monthly inspections of all equipment.
· Experience in computer based automation systems.
· Ability to troubleshoot by using test equipment such as Spectrum Analyzers, Oscilloscopes, and field strength meters.
· Work at remote broadcasts as needed.
· Possess IT skills including ability to troubleshoot servers as needed.
· Able to be on-call after hours for emergencies or maintenance as needed.
· Other responsibilities as assigned by Director of Operations, President/GM or CFO/COO.
· Minimum five years of experience in broadcast maintenance.
· Associate’s or Technical degree in engineering related education is preferred.
· Must work effectively with staff.
· Knowledge of SAS consoles and NexGen is preferred.
· Ability to understand technical materials.
· Must have flexible schedule.
· On-call duty, including weekends and holidays.
· Ability to lift 50 pounds.
· Perform other duties as needed.
If you believe you are a qualified candidate to work in this environment, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Compensation commensurate with experience. No phone calls please.
Local Media San Diego A is an equal opportunity employer.
Special thanks to reader Doug Herman for informing me of this loss.
Thursday, Jan 2 brought the passing of a long-time radio personality and engineer Jack Rabell.
This is the obituary that ran in Sunday’s Union Tribune.
Condolences to Jack’s family and friends during this difficult time.
Local Media San Diego, LLC located in the beautiful city of San Diego, is currently in search of a Staff Accountant for a multi station Radio Broadcasting cluster.
Duties will include assisting Controller with month end close, maintaining files and assisting with managing day-to-day accounting responsibilities including General Ledger entries, Fixed Assets, and interim projects. Experience with annual audits a plus. Candidate must be extremely organized and professional, work well with others at all levels, develop and maintain positive working relationships, must have excellent oral and written communication and adapts to a fast pace environment.
BA Degree preferred. Candidate must have knowledge of GAAP (General Accepted Accounting Principles) Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point Programs.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to email@example.com – Please specify that you are applying for the position in the subject line. Local Media San Diego, LLC owns and operates Radio Stations in San Diego, CA. We offer a competitive benefits package and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls, please.
KFMB’s 100.7 San Diego and 760 KFMB has been sold to Local Media San Diego.
Tegna agreed to sell under the terms that the call letters of KFMB not follow the two stations.
LMSD has 30 days to use the call letters but must relinquish them at the end of that term.
LMSD however can use them for the period of one year as it relates to transitioning to the new brand.
The two longtime stations will join Z90, 91X and Magic 92.5
By Joe Nelson
Legendary, and often controversial radio ‘shock jock’ host Don Imus has passed away. Imus announced that he was ‘turning out the lights, the party’s over’ in January 2018.
March 29, 2018 marked his last show with Cumulus Media. Imus was 79.
Imus drew the ire of many in 2007 for directing racial slurs toward the Rutger’s University Women’s Basketball team. That led to him being fired from CBS. He leaves behind his wife Deirdre and 6 children.
By Joe Nelson
|Station||Format||Owner||Jul 19||Aug 19||Sep 19||Oct 19||Nov 19||Dec 19|
|XHRM-FM||Rhythmic AC||Local Media||4.4||4.5||5.5||5.4||5.4||5.2|
|XHTZ-FM||Top 40/M||Local Media||4.2||4.3||3.9||4.0||4.1||3.3|
|XHTY-FM||Regional Mexican||Uni Radio||1.5||1.7||2.5||2.1||2.5||3.2|
|KLQV-FM||Spanish Adult Hits||Univision||2.6||2.5||3.5||3.1||3.2||2.4|